Please review the following before making a decision about the use of Church resources.
We encourage faculty to include the teachings of our modern prophets in your classrooms but wish to emphasize these guidelines when using these teachings:
- If possible, provide a link to the content rather than copying and reposting it.
- Articles, talks, short stories, poems, music, essays, etc. should be copied in their entirety.
- Attribution should be given to all authors and creators.
- The Church copyright notice should appear on any copies.
- Do not upload Church content into school databases. These works are already saved in Church databases and do not need to be in both locations.
Remember permission to use this content for educational purposes does not include permission to create anthologies or compilations of General Authority writings. For such scholarly endeavors, you must contact the Intellectual Property Office.
All requests for pieces to be used for non-academic campus purposes must be sent through the BYUI Content/Intellectual Property Rights Specialist, to get approval from the Church.
For outside of campus uses, request permissions from the LDS Church for its copyrighted material or trademarks, please follow this link: Request Permission
You may also view the Rights and Use Information as posted on the Church's website.
For further assistance or information regarding Church copyrighted materials, you may contact the Church's Intellectual Property Office at:
Phone: 1-801-240-3959 or 1-800-453-3860, ext. 2-3959